Purposes of the Marine Corps League
- To preserve the traditions, promote the interest, and perpetuate the history of the United States Marine Corps and, by fitting acts, to observe the anniversaries of historical occasions of particular interest to Marines.
- To band those who are now serving in the United States Marine Corps and those who have been honorably discharged from that service together in fellowship, that they may effectively promote the ideals of American freedom and democracy.
- To fit its members for the duties of citizenship and to encourage them to serve ably as citizens as they served our nation under arms.
- To hold sacred the memory and history of men and women who have given their lives to the nation.
- To foster love for the principles that they have supported by blood and valor since the founding of the Republic.
- To maintain true allegiance to American institutions.
- To aid voluntarily and to render assistance to all Marines, uniformed and civilian, as well as to their surviving spouses and orphans.
* Taken from the Marine Corps League Guidebook for Detachment Officers (updated November 2007), Part I, Paragraph 1.5